American Express Company (NYSE:AXP) today announced that it has completed its previously announced plans to establish a joint venture for its business travel operations. The joint venture will operate under the American Express Global Business Travel brand. American Express and an investor group led by Certares each have a 50 percent ownership stake in the joint venture.
As previously reported, the complexity of the closing process for this transaction will affect the timing of American Express Company’s second quarter earnings announcement. The Company's financial results are now scheduled to be announced shortly after the market closes on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. American Express plans to host a live audio webcast of its investor conference call at 5:00 p.m. (ET) that day to discuss second quarter 2014 financial results.
The live audio webcast will be accessible to the general public through the American Express Investor Relations website at http://ir.americanexpress.com. Earnings presentation materials will be posted on the website prior to the conference call and an audio replay will be available on the website following the call.
About American ExpressAmerican Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress. Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, business travel, and corporate card.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV