"Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy." -- Jack Bogle
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been a pretty quiet day for markets. We did see a couple of stocks break out in a good way out of major, very nice bases.
We should have a pretty quiet week. But sometimes we tend to see some great moves begin during those quiet weeks, such as over the Christmas holidays. It does pay to pay attention all the time.
The S&P 500 SPDR ETF (SPY) didn't do anything today. It traded in a very tonight range. With only three and a half trading days this week, we may remain near $196 without breaking higher. We could also break above $196 at any time -- which is a buy area. Have a great Canada Day Tuesday. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV