Twelve fleet maintenance technicians earned spots to represent FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), at the industry-wide SuperTech competition. SuperTech is considered the premier skills competition for professional commercial vehicle technicians.
FedEx Freight Top Wrench winners to advance to SuperTech (Photo: Business Wire)
The FedEx Freight technicians advancing to SuperTech were selected through a company-wide skills contest known as Top Wrench. The 12 finalists had the best results among more than 750 fleet maintenance technicians who participated.
Mark McLean, Jr., a technician in Newburgh, N.Y., earned top honors in the Top Wrench competition. This is his third consecutive Top Wrench title. Mark was also named the 2013 SuperTech Grand Champion.
FedEx Freight Top Wrench winners include:
- First place: Mark McLean, Jr. – Newburgh, N.Y.
- Second place: Matthew Nolan – Hartford, Conn.
- Third place: Eric Vos – Boise, Idaho
- Fourth place: Chuck Kerr – San Antonio, Texas
- Fifth place: Jeff Ostby – Spokane, Wash.
- Sixth place: Andrew Dilmuth – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Seventh place: Brian Blevins – Harrison, Ark.
- Eighth place: Douglas Nickles – Rock Island, Ill.
- Ninth place: Steven Willis – Denver, Colo.
- 10th place: Kevin Roumpapas – Rochester, N.Y.
- 11th place: Joshua Nordick – Minneapolis, Minn.
- 12th place: Mark Galliand – Baton Rouge, La.