NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Caesars Acquisition Co. (CACQ) are higher by 2.64% to $12.42 in mid-afternoon trading on Monday after the company announced a proposed $880 million casino resort in Woodbury, NY.
Through its subsidiary, Caesars Growth Partners, Caesars Acquisition submitted a gaming license application to the New York State Gaming Facility Location Board this afternoon.
The resort would be located 50 miles from New York City and is expected to attract over 10 million visitors each year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The company said the project will benefit New York State, Orange County, and Woodbury with its anticipated $230 million in annual tax revenue, with $29 million annually going toward the local community, and $10 million to Orange County.
CACQ data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV