NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- DR Horton (DHI) shares are up 3.2% to $24.59 on Monday after analysts at Barclays (BCS) upped its price target to $34 from $28.
The improved valuation stems from a jump in pending home sales data that combats manufacturing data that was below market expectations.
The new price target suggests a 42% upside for the company's stock.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates D R HORTON INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate D R HORTON INC (DHI) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DHI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Household Durables industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $111.00 million to $130.90 million.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- D R HORTON INC has improved earnings per share by 18.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, D R HORTON INC reported lower earnings of $1.34 versus $2.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.72 versus $1.34).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DHI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV