New Lifetime High For Dana (DAN)
- DAN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.8 million.
- DAN has traded 26,874 shares today.
- DAN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DAN: Dana Holding Corporation manufactures and sells driveline, sealing, and thermal-management products for vehicle manufacturers in North America, Europe, South America, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Dana a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dana has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dana has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 2.10 and a short float of 6% with 4.34 days to cover. Shares are up 22.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 36.11% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 100.00% to $0.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DANA HOLDING CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 31.40%.
- DANA HOLDING CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DANA HOLDING CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.29 versus $1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus -$0.29).
- The gross profit margin for DANA HOLDING CORP is rather low; currently it is at 16.35%. Regardless of DAN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.01% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Dana Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts