NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Statoikl ASA (STO) are down -1.38% to $30.63 after the company delayed the development of its Arctic oil project a second time after a number of disappointing drilling results in the Norwegian Barents Sea, the Financial Times reports.
The company said it would make a decision next summer about how to develop the Johan Castberg field, thought to hold 400 million to 600 million barrels of oil.
TheStreet Ratings team rates STATOIL ASA as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate STATOIL ASA (STO) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- STO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.28, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 264.70% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 39.67% is the gross profit margin for STATOIL ASA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.89% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: STO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV