The firm said a number of growth drivers are in place including the ramp of the larger direct sales force, the acquisition of Apartments.com, and continued penetration of non-broker customers.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- COSTAR GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COSTAR GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.04 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.04 versus $1.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 504.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.41 million to $9.74 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although CSGP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.16 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, CSGP has a quick ratio of 2.38, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for COSTAR GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.13%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CSGP's net profit margin of 8.17% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CSGP Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts