JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless has deployed its newest technology – known as XLTE – in Jacksonville, Panama City and Naples to further increase the capacity of the company's award-winning 4G LTE network and enhance services throughout Florida.
XLTE technology was activated earlier in the year in Tampa Bay, South Florida, Central Florida and numerous other markets in the state.
Hundreds of XLTE cell sites have been activated in Florida since the start of 2014, with dozens in the new Jacksonville, Panama City and Naples areas.
XLTE utilizes Verizon's AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) spectrum, which allows Verizon to deliver significantly increased capacity – at a minimum, doubling the capacity – over its high-speed 4G LTE network. This means more customers in high-traffic locations can access the company's most advanced technology at the same time at peak speeds to send photos, download videos, surf the Internet and use other popular applications on their smartphones, tablets and other devices."Customers in these new markets and across Florida are power users of 4G LTE – sharing photos and video, downloading large files, and staying connected to enjoy a great wireless experience," said Mariano Legaz, Florida region president. "XLTE gives us a clear advantage to remain ahead of competitors, and our customers' demand for even better, faster 4G LTE service." Today, more than 300 of the 500+ markets where Verizon offers 4G LTE have been enhanced with XLTE, with more markets scheduled to be completed by the end of 2014. XLTE technology is particularly effective in enhancing wireless network performance in settings with a concentrated group of high-data demand customers, such as downtown areas, sports arenas/stadiums, tourist areas near the beaches, and other destinations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV