HOUSTON, June 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LINN Energy, LLC (Nasdaq:LINE) ("LINN" or "the Company") and LinnCo, LLC (Nasdaq:LNCO) ("LinnCo") announced today that LINN has signed a definitive agreement to acquire assets in five U.S. operating areas from Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN) ("Devon") for $2.3 billion. The assets are currently producing approximately 275 MMcfe/d, approximately 80 percent of which is natural gas, with a shallow base decline of approximately 14 percent. Total proved reserves are estimated to be between 1.3-1.5 Tcfe (approximately 75 percent PDP) with total resource potential of approximately 3 Tcfe. The asset package is comprised of approximately 900,000 net acres across the Rockies, Mid-Continent, east Texas, north Louisiana and south Texas regions with approximately 4,500 total wells. LINN has identified over 1,000 future drilling locations and over 600 recompletion opportunities. LINN's acquisition of Devon assets is intended to be financed ultimately through the sale of its Granite Wash assets and other non-producing acreage in LINN's portfolio. Potential excess proceeds from the sale of assets, if any, will be used initially to reduce debt and for general corporate purposes.
"Early in 2014, we outlined four keys to success at LINN: realize value for the Midland Basin position; continue to make accretive acquisitions; reduce capital intensity while increasing efficiency; and improve credit metrics," said Mark E. Ellis, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We believe today's announcement is a positive development in achieving these objectives. As we enter into the second half of the year, we remain committed to these important goals."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV