TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) is pleased to announce that the 2013 College Home Run Derby Champion, Rice University’s Michael Aquino, will return to Omaha to defend his title in the fifth annual TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby.
In 2013 Aquino blasted a total of 20 home runs, including six in the final round, to win the College Home Run Derby title. A First Team All-Conference USA selection this season, Aquino hit .316 with seven home runs and 46 RBI as Rice advanced to an NCAA Regional for the 20 th consecutive year. Last season, the outfielder mashed nine home runs to tie for the team lead.
Joining Aquino in the 2014 College Home Run Derby are:
- Tres Barrera (University of Texas) – A Big 12 All-Freshman Team selection in 2014, Barrera played a key role in helping the University of Texas to the College World Series. The freshman catcher, who was a member of All-Houston Regional Team, racked up five homers, 13 doubles and 35 RBI this season.
- Matt Dacey (University of Richmond) – A 2014 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team selection, the sophomore third baseman led the conference with 12 home runs and ranked third with 47 RBI. The Wyckhoff, N.J. native led the Spiders in home runs, RBI and slugging percentage (.503) this season.
- Bobby Dalbec (University of Arizona) – The freshman first baseman/pitcher had an impressive rookie season for the University of Arizona this spring, hitting a pair of home runs, which tied for the team lead, to go with 30 RBI. For his excellence both at the plate and on the mound, where he went 3-5 with a 2.13 ERA, Dalbec was tabbed Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America.
- Eric Gutierrez (Texas Tech University) – Gutierrez had a breakthrough season in 2014, batting .302, with a .530 slugging percentage and a Big-12-leading 12 home runs and 58 RBI. In addition to earning First Team All-Big 12 Conference and American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) All-Midwest Region honors, the right-handed-hitting sophomore helped Texas Tech to its first-ever trip to the College World Series this year.
- Hunter Haley (University of Oklahoma) – The left-handed hitting outfielder belted six home runs and knocked in 34 runs, while batting .294 this season. Haley, a sophomore, collected Second Team Academic All-Big 12 accolades.
- Sikes Orvis (University of Mississippi) – Orvis capped a fabulous junior campaign by helping Ole Miss to its first College World Series appearance since 1972. An All-Southeastern Conference First Team pick, the first baseman led the Rebels and ranked second in the SEC with 14 home runs and a .540 slugging percentage this season.
- Zach Ratcliff (Ohio State University) – A sophomore first baseman, the 6-foot-5 Ratcliff clubbed a pair of home runs and added 15 RBI for the Buckeyes this season. His finest outing of the year came on April 1 versus Ohio University when he went 3-for-4 with a home run and five RBI.
Tickets for the 2014 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby are $8 for children (ages 3-12), $12 for adults, or a “Family-Four-Pack” for $36, and may be purchased in-person from the CenturyLink Center arena box offices, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000, or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Service fees will apply to those tickets purchased over the phone or online, but not to those purchased in-person.Follow the TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby on Facebook and Twitter for the latest event updates and information. For media credentials, please contact Bill Behrns at firstname.lastname@example.org. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation and Intersport are separate and unaffiliated companies and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts