SAN JOSE, Calif., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the Troy School District in Troy, Michigan has chosen Extreme Networks to deliver campus-wide wireless coverage with 802.11ac performance. The Extreme Networks' solution extends the district's Wi-Fi beyond the boundaries of the classroom, while affording better visibility into the network with Extreme Networks' Purview.
With achievement levels among the best in Michigan and the nation, the district strives to provide the best resources available to prepare students for the future, and technology is no exception. As technology continues to play a pivotal role in the learning process for the students of the Troy School District, there is an increasing demand for wireless access that requires the support of its more than 12,000 students across twenty schools. The district selected Extreme Networks' IdentiFi™ Wireless to address the challenges of scalability and intensified traffic growth. Troy School District can now better equip students for success, supporting trends such as BYOD and online learning with optimized performance, visibility and control.
- With Purview, the Troy School District is able to increase visibility into their application use across the network, helping the district ultimately improve the experience of students and faculty, and has the ability to optimize application performance for best-in-class reliability.
- Extreme implemented both wired and wireless 802.11ac, enabling school-wide Wi-Fi with secured access for students, faculty and administration.
- The entire network will be managed through Extreme Networks' NetSight® management suite, including Mobile IAM for BYOD visibility and control over users and devices.
- The NetSight console provides an integrated management suite and increased visibility of the campus-wide wired and wireless network, while Mobile IAM provides the IT department a way to manage the proliferation of devices coming onto the network.
Executive PerspectivesMark Washington, Director of Technology, Troy School District "As a leader in instructional technologies, it was imperative that we have a system in place to support the four high schools, four middle schools and twelve elementary schools throughout our district. Extreme stood out as a solution that would enable us to face the challenges of growth and scalability head on, and provide our staff and students with an outstanding and smart Wi-Fi solution. Purview analyzes our network data and provides extremely helpful reports for better IT decision making and improved experience for the entire district."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV