SAN JOSE, Calif., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced it has achieved significant growth in the education business worldwide in the third quarter of fiscal 2014. The company provides K-12 school districts with reliable wired and wireless solutions to help meet the demands of BYOD, online testing and mobile learning. Attendees at ISTE 2014 this week can hear more about the company's solutions and industry trends during its Innovation Sessions at booth #848.
Customer & Program Highlights
- In the third quarter of fiscal year 2014, Extreme's global K-12 wireless revenue more than doubled its growth year-over-year and grew its customer base with new K-12 customer wins in the past year, including Red Deer Public Schools, Whiteriver Unified School District, Amherst Central School, Robertson County Schools and Christian County Schools.
- Today, Extreme announced that the Troy School District has chosen the company to deliver campus-wide wireless coverage, extending the district's Wi-Fi beyond the boundaries of the classroom, while affording better visibility into the network with Purview.
- Extreme provided the Washington County School District with high-performance wireless and wired solutions, including IdentiFi™ Wireless and NetSight®, to ease the management burden and provide increased visibility for its small network staff managing the campus network comprised of over 4,000 users in 50 buildings across nine locations.
- This quarter, Extreme honored Victor Valley Union High School District and Romeo Community Schools with the Extreme Networks Exemplary School Award for embodying the best in education, by providing their students with an engaging and individualized 24×7 mobile learning environment.
- In April, Extreme announced a strategic relationship with the Pro Football Hall of Fame (PFHOF) to increase education and community outreach in K-12 school districts. Extreme is powering the PFHOF's Heart of a Hall of Famer series, which allows students to hear directly from Hall of Fame players about what it took to achieve success on and off the football field, with a focus on positive character qualities.
Sandra Coppedge, IT Director, Washington County School District"We chose Extreme Networks for their unique ability to provide device visibility and centralized management of the wired and wireless network. The visibility of our new Extreme network has enabled us to deliver a secure network by providing us with the ability to see and track all the devices on our network. It is very exciting and the students, faculty, staff and guests love the new wireless access. Not only is it faster, but it allows users to take their devices from school-to-school without signing on each time."Chris Thompson, CIO, Elmbrook School District"As a top-tier school district, we are constantly challenged to innovate and personalize learning for our 7,000 students. By aligning with Extreme Networks, we are able to provide a robust and flexible environment that allows our 525 teachers to focus on the successful integration of interactive technologies and student devices, including Chromebooks and iPads. Further, Extreme Networks continues to add value to our approach to engage all students in their learning by taking an active and ongoing interest in the student achievement goals of the district. Together, we are able to share best practices in technology and education and deliver on our district's mission to educate and inspire every student to think, to learn, and to succeed." Jonathan Kidwell, Director of Education, Extreme Networks"In school districts that strive to provide personalized learning and the ability to integrate technology with student learning initiatives, there is a strong need for a reliable and powerful wireless infrastructure that can support such objectives. As a proven leader in K-12 technology, Extreme is able to provide both the solution and support for school districts across the globe." Additional Resources:
- ISTE 2014 Conference Media Alert
- ISTE 2014 Blog Post
- Extreme Networks K-12 Solutions
- Washington County School District Case Study
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV