NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG), the Dutch lighting and healthcare company, will merge its Lumileds LED components and automotive lighting divisions into a standalone subsidiary which could potentially be spun off, Reuters reports.
Philips said its lighting division would remain a key customer for the new subsidiary but that it would look for third-party investors. It did not rule out becoming a minority shareholder in the business, which could also be floated, Reuters said.
Shares of Philips are up 2.72% to $31.30 in pre-market trading.
- PHG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.78 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Industrial Conglomerates industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 7.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $206.34 million to $190.12 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PHG Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV