July Seasonal Strength May Give Great Trades -- So Get Ready Now
Nobel Laureate and economist Milton Friedman stated that the growth of the monetary base must be close to the historic growth of the economy and we always pay a high price for any aberrations. In his view, expressed in this speech from his Free To Choose PBS TV series, too much tightening caused the Great Depression, as the Fed shrunk the monetary base by 30% in the early 1930s. Thus the Fed did exactly the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Now the Fed is doing the extreme opposite, which Friedman also warned against in his speech.
Short-Term Window of Opportunity
Despite the long-term dangers, I am setting price alerts on bullish chart setups and looking to capitalize on what's running. I think that traders may have a short-term window to make money while the cat's away on vacation.At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV