July Seasonal Strength May Give Great Trades -- So Get Ready Now
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- July is here, and trading activity should die down as money managers go on vacation after their late-June portfolio rebalancing. That leaves us with the typical July market: there is usually lots of bullish action in momentum and speculative names.
Despite the possibility that the averages may not do much, I have mostly had great success in the seasonally strong period, starting around July 4 and ending around mid to late July. Afterwards the markets typically quiet down during the August doldrums through Labor Day.
Let's look at the Marty Zweig model for how to profit on this seasonal shift.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV