EVERETT, Wash., June 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) has delivered the 1,500th 747 to come off the production line to Frankfurt, Germany-based Lufthansa. The milestone airplane is a 747-8 Intercontinental, the 14th one that Lufthansa will incorporate into its long-haul fleet.
"Reaching this milestone delivery is a testament to the capabilities of the airplane and our commitment to continuous innovation," said Eric Lindblad, 747 vice president and general manager, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The new 747-8 is delivering on its promise to our customers, and we continue to look at ways to make it even more efficient in the future."
The 747 is the first widebody airplane in history to reach the 1,500 milestone. Its iconic shape makes it instantly recognizable, and passengers have consistently voted it their favorite airplane to fly.
At a delivery ceremony today, a special logo commemorating the 1,500th airplane was revealed for the first time."Lufthansa is honored that the 1,500th 747 will fly with the Lufthansa livery," said Nico Buchholz, executive vice president, Lufthansa Group Fleet Management. "Lufthansa is an important partner and a valued advisor in developing new commercial airplanes with exceptional economical and ecological performance such as the 747-8. The commemorative logo will be a reminder of our relationship with Boeing, now and into the future." Lufthansa is the launch customer of the 747-8 Intercontinental and took delivery of its first airplane in April 2012. The airline has 19 747-8 Intercontinentals on order. "Reaching this milestone puts the 747 in an exclusive club. I thank all our employees, suppliers and customers who made it possible," said Lindblad. Contact: Carrie Ann Berry747 Communications425-418-8592 email@example.com Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com More details at http://bit.ly/18pZqxp SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV