Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- More listening and less buying. That's what Jim Cramer told his Mad Money viewers they should be doing during next week's trading. Cramer said as global tensions ratchet up the worry, investors need to raise cash and stay largely on the sidelines.
On Monday, Cramer said he'll be watching Cummins (CMI) and Herbalife (HLF). He said Cummins is problematic as investors flee the industrials, while Herbalife needs to response to activist Bill Ackman's latest allegations.
Tuesday brings earnings from UPS (UPS), Twitter (TWTR), Bullafo Wild Wings (BWLD) and Panera Bread (PNRA). Cramer said UPS will offer a great read on global commerce while Twitter is likely to wither in Facebook's (FB) shadow. He was bullish on Wild Wings but expects Panera to continue lower.Then, on Wednesday, it's Whole Foods Markets (WFM), another wait-and-see stock, and Yelp (YELP), one of the few stocks Cramer said he'd buy on weakness. For Thursday, it's Exxon Mobil (XOM), which Cramer expects to disappoint, Apache (APA), another buy-on-weakness recommendation, and GoPro (GPRO), a stock Cramer said should delver strong results. Finally, on Friday, Cramer told investors to be careful with both Clorox (CLX) and Procter & Gamble (PG) as they've been delivering sub-par performance. In other news, non-farm payroll numbers will be released on Friday. Cramer said he expects employment to be strong. He also suggested picking up shares in Synchrony, the General Electric (GE) spinoff that will see its initial public offering at some point next week.
Amazon vs. StarbucksWhat should happen is not always what does happen, Cramer reminded viewers as he examined the earnings from Amazon.com (AMZN) and Starbucks (SBUX). Cramer owns Starbucks for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV