The 12 Books You Must Read In Your Lifetime
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A wise person once wrote, "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." No, that wise one was not me but thank you for your thoughts.
Rather, it was my favorite doctor, Dr. Seuss, an author of such imagination who when confronted with a word he could not rhyme, simply created his own to fit.
But my adoration is not reserved simply for him. My bookshelves overspilleth with treasures found elbow-deep in boxes at garage sales and shelves at second-hand stores.
Most of those books, though enjoyable, were not life-changing. There are few that truly are, but once found, you'll be hard-pressed to let them go from your shelves or your thoughts.Here are 12 books you must read in this lifetime. This list is by no means definitive. Please, put your suggestions in the comments section below. 1. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte The first and only published novel written by Emily Bronte, sister to Anne and Charlotte, this story follows the doomed love and lives of Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff, set upon the lonely moors of the farmhouse Wuthering Heights. It's a dark romance of star-crossed lovers which puts Twilight to shame. This is the original story of destructive love, a stranger tall, dark and handsome, and how jealousy and infatuation can shatter lives. A tough read, but necessary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV