Greif (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, today announced the expansion of its Southeastern Packaging Sheet Feeder Operation in Concord, NC. The operation will add a second advanced corrugator by mid-2015.
“Over the last 18 months, we have made strategic investments in our Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky operations to add new capabilities and expand capacity,” said Tim Bergwall, Division President of Greif Packaging. “The second corrugator at Southeastern will incorporate several proprietary technologies developed in these locations and will enable us to grow with strategic customers in the region."
Bergwall continued, “The continued investment by Greif into the paper packaging business enables us to further strengthen our value proposition for key customers while capitalizing on the expansion at our nearby containerboard mill in Riverville, Virginia.”
Greif’s Paper Packaging segment’s operating profit results underscores the progress made during the last several years through product differentiation and reducing bottlenecks to expand the output of the network.About Greif Greif is a world leader in industrial packaging products and services. The company produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, multiwall and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides blending, filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in North America. The company is strategically positioned in more than 50 countries to serve global as well as regional customers. Additional information is on the company's website at www.greif.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV