NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Independence Day is coming up fast which means we will be seeing a lot more red, white and beer.
The U.S. ranks among the top 10 countries that spend the most on beer with each resident spending about $356 annually, according to findings from FinancesOnline.com analyst David Adelman.
Australia pays the most for their beer drinking, spending the equivalent of $747.90 per person per year with Ireland a close second at $688.10. On the other end of the spectrum, people living in the Ukraine spend the least on beer at $72.69 per year.
Romania, spending $148.10 per person per year, finds a spot on both the 10 countries that spend the least on beer as well as the top ten countries that drink the most beer, at 234 bottles per person. The Czech Republic, drinking 419 bottles per person per year, are the heaviest drinkers while the USA ranked 14th at 217 bottles.
That might explain the popularity of Czech beers in the U.S.
But beer drinkers travelling abroad this summer, the price of beer can be vitally important. For those willing to spend more, Iran has the highest-priced beer of any country at the equivalent of $7.71. The Ukraine, the country spending the least on beer, has the cheapest beer at $0.59. Beer in Vietnam is similarly priced at a generous $0.59.
No matter where the summer takes you, chances are you will be able to find an American beer to remind you of home since three of the ten of the best-selling beer brands worldwide are American brews.
Coors Light from Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP), ranked ninth at 25 million barrels annually. Anheuser Busch (BUD) had two of their American brands, Bud Light and Budweiser in the top brand as well as Corona Extra from Grupo Modelo, which was bought by AB InBev in 2013.
Budweiser, brewing 40 million barrels of beer a year, was beaten by the Chinese Tsingtao at 58 million barrels and Snow Beer at 75 million barrels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV