ATLANTA, June 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InterContinental Hotels Group ( IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE: IHG (ADRs)] today announced plans for multiple dual-branded hotel developments across the U.S., with the first of them to open in Atlanta this week. Owned by AWH Partners, LLC, and operated by Spire Hospitality, the Atlanta hotel will be franchised by an affiliate of IHG. Located in the hometown of IHG Americas corporate headquarters, the 501-room Hotel Melia will convert to a Crowne Plaza hotel and will immediately undergo a total renovation, ultimately creating a 360-room Crowne Plaza hotel. By January of 2016, the property will open within the same building a 102-room Staybridge Suites hotel. Other development plans for dual-branded IHG hotels include a Holiday Inn ® and Candlewood Suites ® hotel for Joliet, Illinois, a Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites hotel for San Diego and an IHG-managed Hotel Indigo ® and Holiday Inn Express ® hotel for Austin, Texas.
"IHG's track record remains strong. We are well-placed to grow market share with a high-quality pipeline and through continued innovative guest offerings including dual-branded properties," said Kirk Kinsell, president, the Americas, IHG. "These hotels are ideal for urban and suburban destinations alike and we are excited that one is opening right here in Atlanta."
The dual-branded model allows for operating efficiencies yet doesn't compromise the distinct offerings guests have come to know and expect from each IHG brand. While they typically share the same building structure or services such as fitness centers, pools and food & beverage facilities, some back-of-the-house operations may also be shared or separate. With a broad portfolio of brands that service diverse stay occasions – be it leisure, business, extended-stay or family travel - and spanning a variety of price points, IHG is well-placed to offer guests an exemplary experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV