CHICAGO, June 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines and Goose Island Beer Company today announced the two Chicago brands are teaming up to offer Goose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale craft beer on the airline's flights worldwide and at United Clubs in the continental United States, beginning July 1.
Goose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale is a Chicago-inspired beer. Densely populated with flavor and named after one of Chicago's primary area codes, the beer has a spicy aroma of cascade hops, followed by a crisp, fruity ale flavor delivered in a smooth, creamy body that is immensely refreshing.
To commemorate the new partnership, United will host a special happy hour July 1 on United Flight 312 from Chicago to Houston and serve a complimentary 312 Urban Wheat Ale to customers throughout the aircraft.
In addition, members of the carrier's MileagePlus loyalty program may use their miles to purchase tickets to watch the Aug. 19 Chicago Cubs-San Francisco Giants game at Chicago's Skybox on Sheffield, which offers an extensive Goose Island selection. United will offer 40 pairs of tickets from July 17 to Aug. 6 through its MileagePlus Headliners program."We are thrilled to join with another strong Chicago brand as we further enhance our beverage service," said Lynda Coffman, United's vice president of food services. "Our customers have told us they want craft beer on board, and with the addition of 312 Urban Wheat Ale, we are able to satisfy their tastes with an excellent product." "We are proud to have United Airlines choose Goose Island as a craft beer partner," said Andy Goeler, CEO of Goose Island Beer Company. "Both companies are not only from Chicago but are also established icons in the Windy City, just two of the many reasons this relationship is sure to be a success." The beer will be complimentary for premium-cabin customers and will cost $7.99 in United Economy. In United Clubs, a serving will cost $3. (Go to http://newsroom.unitedcontinentalholdings.com/312 for a picture of 312 Urban Wheat Ale.) United Food and Beverage InvestmentsGoose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale is the airline's latest investment in its food and beverage service. United also offers:
- Tito's Handmade Vodka, an award-winning craft spirit, on flights worldwide and at United Clubs in the continental United States
- Half-bottle premium wines in United Economy on flights between the United States and Europe and on United's p.s. "Premium Service," which operates between New York JFK and Los Angeles and between New York JFK and San Francisco
- Gluten-free menu options on flights between the U.S. and destinations throughout North and Central America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV