New Lifetime High For Kirby (KEX)
- KEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.8 million.
- KEX has traded 202 shares today.
- KEX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KEX: Kirby Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides marine transportation and diesel engine services primarily in the United States. Its Marine Transportation segment provides transportation services for the inland and coastal markets. KEX has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kirby a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kirby has been 416,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kirby has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.64 days to cover. Shares are up 16.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kirby as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KEX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- KIRBY CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIRBY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.45 versus $3.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.00 versus $4.45).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $115.21 million or 17.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KIRBY CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.92%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 44.26% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Kirby Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts