The firm said it raised its rating on the company, which develops and publishes games for smartphone and tablet devices, based on recent product success, positive trends in the mobile gaming market, and the expectation the Glu's portfolio will benefit from the "rapidly expanding" smartphone and tablet market.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, GLU MOBILE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GLU MOBILE INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.78%. Regardless of GLUU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GLUU's net profit margin of 0.29% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 201.38% to $3.79 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GLU MOBILE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.04%.
- GLUU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.45, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- This stock has increased by 65.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in GLUU do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GLUU Ratings Report