NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Finish Line Inc. (FINL - Get Report) are higher by 5.66% to $30.80 in pre-market trading on Friday after the sports apparel retailer reported an increase in GAAP diluted earnings per share to $25 cents for the fiscal 2015 first quarter, compared to 10 cents for the 2014 fiscal first quarter.
Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share rose 40% to 28 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter versus 20 cents for the same period last year.
Finish Line posted a 15.8% increase in net sales to $406.5 million, over the $351.1 million for the 2014 fiscal first quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FINISH LINE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FINISH LINE INC (FINL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FINL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.27, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.08% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.41% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FINL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FINISH LINE INC has improved earnings per share by 26.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FINISH LINE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.56 versus $1.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 25.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $34.33 million to $43.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FINL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts