How to Make Your Own Part-Time Job
By Sophia Bera
NEW YORK (AdviceIQ) -- Do you work a full-time job and still can't take care of all those bills every month? Maybe you manage to pay your bills but have nothing left over for savings and investments? Maybe you need a side hustle -- the newer name for the good old odd job or part-time gig.
You can do all kinds of creative, fun and interesting part-time work and earn anywhere from a hundred to an extra thousand dollars each month. With that in your pocket you can accelerate your debt repayments, give yourself breathing room until you earn your next raise or boost your retirement contributions and increase the amount you invest every month.
You build wealth in two main ways: You earn more, and you save and invest more. Many people find saving and investing difficult at a certain point. After all, you can only trim so much from your budget and eliminate so many expenses.
In theory, earning more is a limitless way to build wealth.Also see: How to Put a Sale Price on Your Business
- Love animals? Start pet-sitting or dog walking (or if a fan of kids you can always babysit). Check out Care.com for people who need various sorts of caregivers.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge? Tutor students (get started on Tutor.com or WyzAnt), create a how-to e-book or teach classes in your community.
- Prefer outdoor work? Set up a mobile car-washing biz or do landscaping and lawn care.
- Have a specialized skill? Offer services as a freelancer or consultant. Set up profiles on such sites as Odesk, Elance and freelancer to grab your first few gigs. Then branch out and establish your own website.
AdviceIQ delivers quality personal finance articles by both financial advisers and AdviceIQ editors. It ranks advisers in your area by specialty, including small businesses, doctors and clients of modest means, for example. Those with the biggest number of clients in a given specialty rank the highest. AdviceIQ also vets ranked advisers so only those with pristine regulatory histories can participate. AdviceIQ was launched Jan. 9, 2012, by veteran Wall Street executives, editors and technologists. Right now, investors may see many adviser rankings, although in some areas only a few are ranked. Check back often as thousands of advisers are undergoing AdviceIQ screening. New advisers appear in rankings daily.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV