Dan Nathan, co-founder and editor of riskreversal.com, said investors who are currently long the stock should be happy with this earnings report. He added that gross margins were stronger than expected.
Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, noted the average selling price for most products were down, but overall it was a good quarter. He thinks the stock will move higher.
Brian Kelly, founder of Brian Kelly Capital, said the "quarter was good enough" for Apple. However, he pointed out that iPad sales are weakening, which could be trouble.Steve Grasso, director of institutional sales at Stuart Frankel, said a larger iPhone could hurt margins more than investors think. The stock is rangebound between $85 and $100 for now. Gene Munster, managing director at Piper Jaffray, has a buy rating on Apple with a $105 price target. He was pleased by Apple's gross margins and said the new iPhone should be available in the last week of September. He thinks Apple is "just scratching the surface" in China. Amit Daryanani, managing director at RBC Capital Markets, has an outperform rating shares of Apple with a $100 price target. He also said the iPhone is likely to be available near the end of September. He has not factored in new products into his price target, but suggested that something such as the iWatch could boost margins, and therefore, earnings per share. Microsoft beat on revenue estimates but missed earnings expectations. Dan Ives, managing director at FBR Capital Markets, has a buy rating on Microsoft with a $49 price target. He said this earnings report definitely represents a "step in the right direction." He added that PC demand is benefiting Microsoft, as is the cloud. He suggested that it wouldn't be surprising to see Microsoft trade above $50 as investors start to value the stock more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV