Hyatt Hotels Corporation
(NYSE: H), The JBG Companies and Crescent Hotels & Resorts today announce the opening of
Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol
, the first Hyatt Place hotel in Washington, D.C. The hotel is situated in the northern portion of the NoMa district, one of the city’s fastest growing neighborhoods with a vibrant mixed use development that sits just north of, and in view of, the U.S. Capitol Building.
Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol is situated in the northern portion of the NoMa district, one of the city's fastest growing neighborhoods. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are very excited to bring the Hyatt Place brand to Washington, D.C., a large and energetic city filled with restaurants, museums, theaters, and entertainment attractions,” said Stacy Smith, general manager, Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol. “We believe this new hotel will add an exciting, new dynamic to the neighborhood, and we are confident that Hyatt Place D.C./U.S. Capitol will exceed guest expectations by providing both business and leisure travelers with everything they need while away from home.”
Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol is a short walking distance from the NoMa-Gallaudet U Metro station (Red Line), and is located just north of the U.S. Capitol Building, Smithsonian Institution, Union Station, the White House, and Washington D.C. Convention Center. Additionally, the hotel is less than six miles from Georgetown and the National Cathedral.
Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol offers:
- 200 roomy rooms, all of which feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 1,600 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
“JBG is excited to enter the growing NoMa district with the introduction of Hyatt Place Washington D.C./U.S. Capitol,” said Moina Banerjee, principal, The JBG Companies. “This brand is a state of the art product, and we are extremely proud to be the first Hyatt Place hotel in Washington D.C. Cooper Carry and our entire design and development team have created a unique design that is setting a new standard of what an urban select service hotel can offer. The custom public space, expanded lobby bar concept and easy access to both the metro and convention center will provide an unmatched D.C. experience for our guests.”