BIRMINGHAM, Ala., June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass has tapped Phoenix-based mortgage industry veteran Jens Lovell as its new national mortgage banking sales manager.
Lovell is charged with leading efforts to expand the bank's mortgage banking sales force, including those in low- and moderate-income areas, in key markets across the bank's Sunbelt footprint: Los Angeles; Phoenix; Albuquerque, N.M.; Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston in Texas; and Miami, Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
BBVA Compass has steadily grown its team of mortgage bankers since the beginning of the year. Jon Mulkin, executive real estate lending director for BBVA Compass, said the sales force expansion is a positive development for potential homeowners.
"Summer is traditionally a strong season for U.S. home sales, and in their latest U.S. Housing Flash, BBVA Compass economists agree that as the labor market continues to improve, so should the housing sector," Mulkin said. "Expansion of our mortgage sales team will help us give more people the opportunity to take advantage of a housing market on the move."Lovell said the bank's vision also is attracting top talent. "Our message is resonating with mortgage bankers motivated by a desire to build a better future for people," Lovell said. Lovell has been with BBVA Compass since 2007, serving most recently as the bank's area mortgage sales manager for California. He started his career at First Security Bank of Utah and spent 15 years at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. "Jens joined the bank at the start of the financial crisis and was able to lead his team to solid results in the face of historic challenges," Mulkin said. "We're confident that our national real estate lending efforts will flourish under his leadership."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV