TORRANCE, Calif., June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lizette Salas doesn't crack under pressure. The recipients of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund's (HSF) scholarships will soon be thankful for that.
That's because every shot the rising LPGA star takes through the remainder of the 2014 season could generate more than $1 million for scholarships and related services provided by the nation's largest not-for-profit organization supporting Hispanic American higher education.
As part of the Toyota Drive for Success program, Salas will earn funding for HSF through each round of golf she plays. Throughout her season, each birdie (one stroke under par for a hole) she makes will earn $1,500 and each eagle (two strokes under par for a hole) will earn $5,000. With one stroke—specifically a hole-in-one made during the first round of one of her remaining domestic tournaments—Salas could send an additional $1 million to the nonprofit organization.
For the Team Toyota athlete, the contributions are personal."As the first person in my immediate family to earn a college degree, I'm proud to help promote the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and its critical goals for Hispanic students," Salas said. "Thanks to the generous support from Toyota, every good shot I make will put money in the bank for more students to further their education and pursue their passions like I've had the opportunity to do."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV