Pfizer Inc. today announced the election of James C. Smith to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Smith also was appointed to the Corporate Governance and Science and Technology Committees of Pfizer’s Board.
Mr. Smith, 54, is the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Thomson Reuters and serves on its Board of Directors. Prior to his appointment as CEO in January 2012, he held various leadership positions at Thomson Reuters, including CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Thomson Reuters Professional Division. Prior to the acquisition of Reuters PLC by Thomson, he served as COO of Thomson and President and CEO of Thomson Learning’s Academic and Reference Group.
Mr. Smith is a member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum and the Board of Directors of the Brazil-U.S. Business Council. He also serves on the International Advisory Boards of British American Business and the Atlantic Council.
“We are pleased to have Jim Smith join Pfizer’s Board of Directors. He
brings leadership and operational and international business experience
to Pfizer’s Board, and will be an excellent asset to the company,”
stated Ian Read, Pfizer’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “The
addition of Jim to our Board helps ensure that Pfizer will continue to
benefit from a breadth and variety of experience.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV