NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of UniPixel Inc. (UNXL) are higher by 16.00% to $7.98 on Thursday morning following the company's announcement it has achieved a breakthrough in the roll-to-roll plating process of its touch screen sensors, overcoming previously reported issues through hardware modifications and chemistry configurations.
UniPixel is a production stage company that delivers performance engineered film to the display, touch screen, and flexible electronics market.
"The new process conditions have been successfully demonstrated in the roll-to-roll pilot production process, achieving a step-change improvement in plating fine-line conductive elements on its touch sensor film," the company said.
- UNI-PIXEL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNI-PIXEL INC reported poor results of -$1.27 versus -$1.13 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 63.8% in earnings (-$2.08 versus -$1.27).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 753.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.95 million to -$6.19 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, UNI-PIXEL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for UNI-PIXEL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.00%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.42 million or 275.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UNXL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts