SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- Google (GOOG) demonstrated that it intends to be more like Apple (AAPL), bringing together a more cohesive experience across Android and Chrome in an effort to not only boost engagement but keep people in the company's ecosystem, helping to drive search and advertising revenue.
Google's developer conference, Google /IO, showed off the company's latest initiatives, including a new version of Android (Android L). Google is seeking to bring its more than 1 billion active users per month to use the company's latest operating system in an effort to provide less fragmentation, a welcome sign for developers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV