Global pop star Katy Perry with local teachers Pauline Weisz, left, and Matthew Hall, right, backstage at the Philips Arena during her Prismatic World Tour performance on Saturday, June 28, 2014, in Atlanta, GA. As part of its $1 million dollar donation to online charity DonorsChoose.org, Staples announced it has fully-funded the balance of every project on DonorsChoose.org in the Atlanta, GA community. This $128,158 donation helped 77 teachers fulfill classroom needs and helped more than 8,779 students in the Atlanta public school district. Katy Perry teamed up with Staples and DonorsChoose.org to "Make Roar Happen" and support teachers during this back-to-school season. (Photo by Dan Harr/Invision for Staples/AP Images)
Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) and global pop music superstar Katy Perry continue to “Make Roar Happen” in Atlanta, GA today by announcing 88 local classroom projects have been funded as part of Staples’ $1 million donation to DonorsChoose.org.
Staples fully funded the balance of every project that was on DonorsChoose.org in the Atlanta, GA community today. This $128,158 donation helped 77 teachers fulfill classroom needs and helped 8,779 students in the Atlanta public school district. For example, Matthew Hall at Bunche Middle School will receive flutes, clarinets, a flugelhorn, a saxophone, and a digital piano for his school’s music program; and Pauline Weisz at Ronald E. McNair Senior High School had digital cameras, photo editing software, printers, and tripods funded for her art classes.
“I’m glad to partner with Staples on my Prismatic World Tour to raise awareness and funds for DonorsChoose.org, and to remind my fans that a small gesture can have a huge impact on the very basic materials classrooms need for teachers to help students reach their full potential,” said Katy Perry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV