Philip Morris International Inc.’s (NYSE / Euronext Paris: PM) senior management will offer its perspective on the company’s business outlook and long-term growth strategies at a two-day investor meeting starting today at approximately 9:00 a.m. (Swiss time) at its Operations Center in Lausanne, Switzerland.
“2014 is proving to be a complex and truly atypical year for PMI,” said André Calantzopoulos, Chief Executive Officer.
“In addition to our exciting plans for the global roll-out of our Marlboro Architecture 2.0 and our new commercial approach, we are on the verge of leading a paradigm shift with the accelerated commercialization of our Reduced-Risk Products.”“We continue to face significant currency headwinds, an improving but weak macro-economic environment in the EU and known challenges in Asia, partly offset by a robust performance in a number of markets and the contribution of our business development initiatives. Furthermore, we have recently witnessed significant price discounting at the low end of the market in Australia which, were it to persist, could lead us to be at the lower end of our 2014 guidance for full-year currency-neutral adjusted diluted EPS growth of 6%-8%.” 2014 Full-Year Forecast The company revises its 2014 full-year reported diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) forecast to be in a range of $4.87 to $4.97, versus $5.26 in 2013, compared to a range of $5.09 to $5.19 as previously announced on May 7, 2014. On an adjusted basis, diluted EPS are projected to increase in the range of 6% to 8% versus adjusted diluted EPS of $5.40 in 2013, reflecting:
- a $0.01 per share charge recorded as asset impairment and exit costs in the first quarter of 2014 relating to the decision to cease cigarette production in Australia by the end of 2014;
- a pre-tax charge, related to the contemplated decision to discontinue cigarette production in the Netherlands in 2014, of approximately $495 million, or $0.24 per share, the majority of which is expected to be recorded in the second quarter of 2014; and
- an unfavorable currency impact, at prevailing exchange rates, of approximately $0.61 for the full-year 2014.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts