BATTLE CREEK, Mich., June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Grammy-award winning group, The Roots, performed live at the Kellogg's Recharge Bar. The band made a surprise appearance to perform a unique and innovative concert inspired by the Kellogg's Cereal and Milk song. The performance tapped into The Roots' artistic skill, by performing with milk and cereal inspired instruments, including bowls, spoons, milk jugs and more.
To view multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7225531-kelloggs-recharge-bar/
Just like music, breakfast is all about great combinations. The Roots have partnered up with Kellogg's to show families how a serving of Kellogg's cereal and one cup of skim milk is a great combination of grains and protein to help start your day in an extraordinary way.
"A good breakfast is the gateway to a great day and through our partnership with Kellogg's we hope to build awareness around the importance of protein and grains for a nutritious start to the day," said Questlove. "Additionally this partnership affords us the opportunity to give the hard working students at the High School for Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) in Philadelphia much needed support to help them continue to grow as musicians and chase their dreams."The Roots were joined by eight young musicians from their high school, The Center of Performing Arts (CAPA) in Philadelphia to perform at the Kellogg's Recharge Bar. Since the group got their start as students at CAPA, they wanted to give back to students that are making their way into the music industry. Located at 1701 Broadway Avenue, on W. 54th Street and Broadway, the Kellogg's Recharge Bar will be open to the public for free June 26 - 27, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Seating is limited, so those arriving will be granted access as a first come first serve basis to enjoy the following activities:
- Delicious breakfast: Celebrity chef, Christina Tosi, created unique and delicious combinations of protein and grains for families to choose from.
- Karaoke Sing-along: Families can participate in a cereal and milk sing-along.
- Derek Hough Performance: Emmy award-winning choreographer Derek Hough will put his energy into action and reveal the cereal and milk dance move on June 26.
- Meet the Kellogg's Characters: Kellogg's will host a meet and greet with iconic Kellogg's characters, Cornelius "Corny" Rooster and Tony the Tiger.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts