NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Momentum stocks had been a drag on the Nasdaq in 2014 until mid-May when the five high-profile stocks I have been tracking regained their "mojo" and began to rise again.
On June 3, I wrote, Tesla, Netflix, Apple Win Trifecta in Momentum Stock Race and the race between May 12 and June 2 had a clear winner in Netflix (NFLX), with Tesla (TSLA) in second place.
I have crunched the numbers to help you decide if and when to invest. Here are the five profiles followed by today's 'Crunching the Numbers" tables.Apple ($90.36) is up just 0.6% since June 2, but did set a 2014 intraday high at $95.05 on June 10. While below its 21-day simple moving average at $91.62 the stock is above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $86.60 and $77.90. With Google reportedly ready to announce a set-top box, the next leg of the momentum race will have Amazon touting the Fire TV, but where's the Apple TV? The weekly chart is positive but overbought with the five-week modified moving average at 88.02. Annual value levels are $81.33 and $71.32 with a monthly pivot at $90.23 and semiannual and weekly risky levels at $95.32 and $95.79.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV