At the same time, the search giant affirmed many assumptions investors and analysts might have had about its ambitions: they're too scattered. More than anything this perceived lack of focus, which mirrors the fragmentation of its Android operating system, is at the heart of the many questions that still remain with Google's future.
That said, investors applauded what Google had to say Wednesday, sending the stock up 2.43%, closing for the day at $585.93, up 4.5% for the year to date. But can it last?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV