NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Cinedigm
(CIDM) released its fourth quarter earnings results on Wednesday, reporting a 61% increase in revenue over the previous year to $31.7 million, but missing analysts sales estimates of $35.7 million.
The company also reported a net loss of 1 cent per diluted share while analysts expected a net income of 1 cent per share for the quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Shares are down -21% to $2.30 in after-hours trading today.
TheStreet Ratings team rates CINEDIGM CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CINEDIGM CORP (CIDM) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 481.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.78 million to -$10.38 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $6.66 million or 24.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- CINEDIGM CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CINEDIGM CORP reported poor results of -$0.43 versus -$0.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.40 versus -$0.43).
- The gross profit margin for CINEDIGM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 69.02%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CIDM's net profit margin of -29.76% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CIDM's share price has jumped by 83.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in CIDM do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CIDM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV