Shares of Ambev gained 0.4% to close at $7.03.
More than 28.8 million shares of the beverage company Wednesday, more than double the average daily trading volume of about 10.2 million shares.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates AMBEV SA as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AMBEV SA (ABEV) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ABEV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, AMBEV SA's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AMBEV SA is rather high; currently it is at 66.74%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.15% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 93.12% to $699.73 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMBEV SA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.65%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 58.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $713.66 million to $1,129.23 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ABEV Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV