3 Little Known Credit Card Tips for Summer Travel
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Americans love their getaways, but they need ways to save money -- in an American Express survey, 31% of respondents said in July that they spent more than $1,000 per person on their vacation, up from 27% the year before. On average, summer travelers spent $1,145 per person last year.
Before you take flight, set sail or hit the road, make sure you maximize all the benefits from your credit card. Travelers have perks and rewards to exploit, but those work best when they're fully understood, according to CreditCardChaser.com.
Here are a few tips from the site for how to use credit cards to save cash and leave more in the budget for what really matters: rest and relaxation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV