NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Best Buy Co., Inc (BBY) are surging, up 4.30% to $30.31, after it was reported earlier that the technology products retailer is evaluating its foreign portfolio and considering its options, including a sale or partnership for its Chinese business.
Best Buy was said to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAC).
The Chinese business reportedly could be sold for about $300 million, the Wall Street Journal said.Also, the company had its "neutral" rating restated by Zacks today. The firm has a $31.00 price target on the stock, suggesting a potential upside of 6.68% from the company's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV