On 6/27/14, Bank of America Corp.'s 7.25% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock, Series L (BAC.PRL) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $18.125, payable on 7/30/14. As a percentage of BAC.PRL's recent share price of $1191.00, this dividend works out to approximately 1.52%, so look for shares of BAC.PRL to trade 1.52% lower — all else being equal — when BAC.PRL shares open for trading on 6/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.12%, which compares to an average yield of 5.52% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, BAC.PRL was trading at a 18.60% premium to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 0.17% in the "Financial" category. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible, with a conversion ratio of 20. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of BAC.PRL shares, versus BAC:
Below is a dividend history chart for BAC.PRL, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $18.125 on Bank of America Corp.'s 7.25% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock, Series L:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Bank of America Corp. (BAC) makes up 7.28% of the Bank and Brokerage ETF (RKH) which is trading lower by about 0.1% on the day Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV