Le Moyne senior Pat Wiese has won the 2014 TD Ameritrade Fan’s Choice Award. Wiese won the award over three other finalists, BYU’s Bret Lopez, Dayton’s Robby Sunderman and Albany’s Josh Nethaway, garnering over 40 percent of the fan vote.
The third-annual TD Ameritrade Fan’s Choice Award recognizes college baseball players who excel beyond the diamond and whose leadership inspires others. Over the course of three weeks, 16 finalists competed online for fan votes via Facebook. As the winner, Wiese will be honored at the 2014 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby, airing Thursday, July 3 at 8 p.m. EDT on ESPN.
Last fall, Pat was diagnosed with a form of bone cancer in his leg. After surgery and chemotherapy, he was unable to reach the field this year. However, he stayed a strong part of the team as its captain. In the last year, Pat and his family set up the Pat Wiese Foundation in hopes of supporting others fighting the battle against cancer. Prior to his illness, Pat earned all NE-10 Conference honors and All-Regional honors in 2013. That year, he led the team in hitting, runs, stolen bases and on-base percentage. Pat was also involved in Special Olympics, reading at elementary schools near Le Moyne and is part of the Le Moyne leadership group. He received a Dean’s Scholarship to attend Le Moyne and was also on the Dean’s list his freshman year.
“I’m truly honored to receive this award,” said Pat. “I’m really at a loss for words. I never thought this would happen to me. All the other contestants, I was going through their bios and everything, and they’re so deserving as well, so for me to be in that, being mentioned in that group of people is an honor and to be picked as a finalist and then the winner - it’s a dream come true.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV