NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Nordic American Tanker LTD
(NAT - Get Report) are up 1.18% to $9.40 after Jefferies
(JEF) said the Commerce Department's decision to allow exports of condensate, a slightly refined energy product, are a positive thing for companies that ship oil in the near term.
"Even though we believe the condensate export volumes are likely to be limited, any increase in export volumes should have a net positive impact on the crude oil tanker market, even if minimal," Jefferies said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD (NAT) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed, some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- NAT's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 160.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NAT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.25, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD reported poor results of -$1.67 versus -$1.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.09 versus -$1.67).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NAT Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts