NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Sequential Brands Group Inc. (SQBG) are surging 19.13% to $13.89 after it announced making a bid for privately held Galaxy Brand Holdings, the owner of Linens 'N Things, in a cash and stock deal valued at approximately $260.3 million.
The Carlyle Group is the majority owner of Galaxy Brand, and aside from Linens 'N Things stores, the deal would give Sequential Brands Group access to the fitness brand Avia, basketball brand AND1 and outdoor brand Nevados.
Separately, Brean Capital today raised its price target on Sequential Brands to $15 from $10 and maintained its "buy" rating, citing the acquisition
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV