NEW YORK, June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As Internet users increasingly demand high-quality content at lightning-fast speeds, Verizon Digital Media Services is responding by adding direct local connectivity from its network to many of the world's largest broadband providers. This expansion streamlines delivery and distribution to ensure high-quality user experiences and seamlessly handle traffic spikes as connected devices, user bases and file sizes continue to grow.
Since its acquisition of EdgeCast Networks, a top content delivery network, Verizon Digital Media Services has rapidly expanded the capacity of the Verizon EdgeCast CDN, adding more than 20 new points of presence, or POPs, in major cities around the world since January. These cities include Warsaw, Stockholm, Milan, Vienna, Melbourne, Helsinki, Kaohsiung, Batam, Jakarta and Sao Paulo. The company also expanded its presence with additional POPs in many cities already served, including London, Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam. These additions offer customers even greater connectivity and performance within these markets.
"The majority of our customers offer their services to a global audience. Our continued worldwide expansion means content is as close as possible to the end-user's digital doorstep," said James Segil, chief marketing officer, Verizon Digital Media Services. "Continuing to add points of presence to our network helps our customers deliver even their largest files quickly and efficiently no matter whether the viewer is watching video, shopping, gaming or sharing content."
Each new POP is built securely on Verizon Digital Media Services' latest generation of delivery servers, with pre-built dedicated space for rapid expansion. The POPs have multiple diverse connections into last-mile networks and are provisioned to support the full suite of Verizon EdgeCast services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV