DALLAS, June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first seven-channel, NMOS low-side driver, replacing standard Darlington transistor arrays with a power-efficient, drop-in compatible integrated circuit (IC). The TPL7407L replaces half of the transistor arrays required to drive high current loads, providing a new option for high voltage systems that previously required a number of transistor arrays or a motor driver. Reducing power by 40 percent, this new device efficiently drives the LED matrix, relay or stepper motor in high-voltage applications, such as white goods, building automation, lighting and HVAC. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/tpl7407l-pr.
The TPL7407L complements TI's broad portfolio of peripheral drivers, covering a wide voltage and current range, giving designers the ability to choose a device to suit their needs without extensive system redesign. When used with the SN74HC595 register, one or multiple TPL7404 can be controlled with just three GPIO pins, providing a flexible, efficient solution.
Key features and benefits of the TPL7407L:
- Highest drain current: With 600 mA per channel, the TPL7407L offers 20 percent better drain current to drive higher power, reducing the number of relay drivers required per board.
- Highest power efficiency: Supports energy-efficiency in high-voltage systems, reducing power dissipation by 40 percent compared to Darlington arrays.
- Pin-to-pin compatible with traditional arrays: Replacing existing arrays with this power-efficient device eases system design and frees power budget.
- Full temperature range: Tested and compatible with the full -40C to 125C temperature range for harsh environments within industrial, automotive and telecommunications applications.
Availability, packaging and pricing The TPL7407L is available in 16-pin SOIC and TSSOP packages. Suggested retail pricing in 1,000-unit quantities starts at US$0.40. The TPL7407LEVM is also available for US$49.00, providing an easy way to evaluate device performance and operating characteristics.Learn more about TI's relay driver portfolio :
- Read Upgrading the standard: a better way to drive peripherals
- Order samples of the TPL7407L.
- Watch a video on how to reduce power in your system using the TPL7407L.
- Support is available on the Industrial Interface Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts