New Lifetime High For Foot Locker (FL)
- FL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.3 million.
- FL has traded 3,500 shares today.
- FL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FL: Foot Locker, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of athletic footwear and apparel. The company operates in two segments, Athletic Stores and Direct-to-Customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. FL has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Foot Locker a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Foot Locker has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Foot Locker has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 20.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Foot Locker as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.36% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FOOT LOCKER INC has improved earnings per share by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FOOT LOCKER INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $2.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus $2.85).
- You can view the full Foot Locker Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts